For anyone on Pinterest…and let’s face it, who’s not on pinterest? I’m sure you’ve seen this super cute Tea Wreath. I thought it was adorable and the perfect solution for entertaining…my only problem is I don’t have any wall room in my kitchen, so hanging this was completely out of the question…so, what’s a girl to do? Magnetize it! So, I basically just followed her directions (listed below) and added magnets to the back….and wah lah…here ya go, tea wreath!
Personally, I think it turned out great! Want to make your own? Here’s what ya do…
Gather up all your stuff…you’re going to need
- A big piece of cardboard (I used an old computer paper box lid)
- Pretty fabric or paper for the background (I used fabric, the original poster used scrapbook paper)
- Pretty paper to cover the clothes pins…which brings us to…
- Clothes pins…I used 14, but it’s totally up to you on how you want to space them.
- Hot glue gun/hot glue
- Magnetic strips or ribbon for hanging.
- Cut out a giant donut out of the cardboard. It’s up to you how big you go, but make the thickness as thick as the clothespins. Depending on how many clothes pins you use depends on how big the diameter of the inner circle will be.
- Cover your cardboard donut with the pretty fabric or paper….making sure to glue all the edges down really well.
- Cover the clothespins with paper…just cut a long strip of paper the length and width of the clothespin and hot glue it on.
- Glue down all the clothes pins to wreath…be weary of your spacing, make sure it’s even. And make sure the “clipping” part (the part that will hold the tea) is toward the outside.
- Add on the magnetic strips or ribbon and hang.
- Add on your tea and enjoy your pretty new wreath!