I remember the first time my mom ever made this…it quickly became a family favorite! My mother can seriously burn water (I say that with the utmost amount of love) and yet this is a recipe that she has never messed up! It’s super easy and prep time is minimal. It doesn’t need to refrigerate before serving, so plan a little ahead. P.S. My picture isn’t gorgeous but the taste is AMAZING! (I should also note this is a Keebler recipe that we found off of their piecrust…many moons ago.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping (Cool-whip), thawed
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust (or Oreo Crust)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- Spread 1 cup of whipped topping in crust.
- In medium bowl beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk for 1 minute. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of remaining whipped topping. Spread over whipped topping in crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edge. Form slight depression in center of whipped topping. Spoon pie filling into depression. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
So, I did the post Ten Foods Everyone Seems to Like But Me, and after talking with people discovered that there are way more than ten…so here’s round two.
Sushi could be added to this list, but it was included on the first one under seafood/fish.
Now, in no specific order.
- Jalapenos…I don’t mind hot, I just don’t like the flavor.
- Gummy bears…or any type of gummy candies like that…except sour patch kids…those are good, but much more firm than gummy bears.
- Cream of corn…it seriously looks like some ate corn and then threw it up…that’s just gross
- Root beer…have NEVER understood the obsession with this one
- Melon… cantaloupe, honey dew…doesn’t matter, don’t like it. Unless it’s watermelon which is probably the least like a melon.
- “Floats”…you know, root beer floats, cream soda floats (I should also mention I’ve never understood why people like creme soda either)…I just don’t see why you should spoil a good thing like ice cream with a nasty sugary soda.
- Creme Brulee….I know I’m soo gonna hear about this one.
Tags: 10, beer, beets, canatloupe, carrots, cooked, cream of corn, creme brulee, fish, floats, food, gummy bears, honey dew, ice tea, jalapenos, jello, melon, mushrooms, olives, peas, pudding, root beer, seafood, shoeless wan, shoeless wanderer, shoeless wanderings, soy, tofu, top 10, vegetarian, watermelon, yogurt
So, I’m going to preface this post with the fact that I am, indeed, a vegetarian. So…obvious stuff like hamburger…and bacon…I left off.
Now, in no specific order.
- Beets…Although, in all honesty, I don’t think most people like these
- Ice Tea…remember, I grew up in the south, EVERYONE drinks sweet tea
- Beer…probably the only college student who doesn’t
- Fish or seafood…some vegetarians do, though I don’t count them as real vegetarians
- Soy milk…or soy ice cream…or soy cheese…
- Cottage Cheese…gag, again.
- Cooked Carrots…don’t get me wrong, I love carrots…just not cooked.
- Tofu…maybe the only vegetarian who doesn’t eat it…and don’t even try to tell me how great it is if it’s cooked right…’cause I’ve had it a good hundred times…and there is no such thing as tasty tofu.
Tags: 10, beer, beets, carrots, cooked, fish, food, ice tea, mushrooms, olives, peas, seafood, shoeless wanderer, shoeless wanderings, soy, tofu, top 10, vegetarian