So, I saw this on the librarian who doesn’t say “shhh” blog last week, she actually got the idea from The Broke and the Bookish blog who does a top 10 Tuesday post every week. I don’t plan on doing that but they both did an awesome job, and it was fun to read and relate…so I thought I’d share my top Ten.
1. Water for Elephants- Am I the only one who hasn’t read or seen the movie? I don’t know…it’s gotten GREAT reviews from everyone. In fact, I even bought a copy at a used book sale, for like a $1, figured I’d eventually get around too it. Well…that hasn’t happened.
2. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy- Just no desire…not much of a sci fi kinda-girl.
3. Lolita- I tried…I’ll admit, but was very creeped out after chapter 1. Of course, that could be because the main character (the guy, not Lolita) really reminded me of my ex-husband…too much so for me to continue.
4. The Scarlet Letter- I was suppose to have read this for school, at LEAST twice…yeah, still haven’t done it. Maybe it’s the fact I was being told I HAD too? Or maybe it’s that whole sexism part of the lady being punished for something men have been doing since the start of mankind.
5. The Bell Jar- Not even sure what it’s about…
6. The Lord of the Rings- I know it’s more of a series than a book, but I could barely make it through the Hobbit. Too many fantasy characters and words I had to keep up with…which is strange, because I didn’t have that problem with Harry Potter.
7. Gone with the Wind- I hated the movie…NO way am I suffering through that book.
8. The Kite Runner- It’s on my TBR list…just haven’t gotten there yet. I am looking forward to it though.
9. Memoirs of a Geisha- Haven’t read it, no real desire too.
10. The Lovely Bones- Lovely and bones should not be in the same sentence…Am I right?
11. The Secret Lives of Bees- If you notice a lot of these books are popular fiction…never been into the “best sellers”…which is why I haven’t read this, either. (And yes I know I said 10, but I had to many to whittle down my list anymore than I already did..
10. Twilight- Nope, not gonna read it…don’t care how much people raved about it…and no, this has nothing to do with the fact that I married an Edward.