Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers from all around create lists based on the chosen topics, and post links to the host blog to share our love of books.
This week the topic was Rewind Tuesday, so we were suppose to pick any past topic and write about it, so I picked Top Ten Books I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me. I felt this would be a pretty good topic considering I tend to steer clear of popular books.
- Twilight: I just don’t get the whole vampire sensation…I don’t see this changing anytime soon. And yes, pretty much everyone I know has read these books, including the hubby.
- Fifty Shades of Grey: I just…I don’t know, don’t get the whole premise…I have a feeling this maybe one I end up breaking down and reading…mainly cause you people just never give up!
- The Help: There’s not really I reason I haven’t read this…well except just not having enough time.
- The Lord of the Rings: I did attempt to read the Hobbit…can’t stand, put it down after only a few chapters, so saw no real reason to actually try and read the series.
- The Secret Life of Bees: I did watch the movie…does that count? lol. No seriously, nothing against this one either just haven’t gotten to it.
- The Game of Thrones Series: I have lots of friends who have LOVED this series…to be honest I know pretty much nothing about it except that everyone keeps recommending it to my husband…but not me…hmmm….
- Of Mice and Men: I’ve owned this book for probably 10 years…and for some odd reason can never compel myself to crack it open…one day…maybe.
- The Kite Runner (and A Thousand Splendid Suns): Picked up both of these at a yard sale a few years ago as they’ve only been recommended to me by about 100 different people…they are both on my summer TBR list…again.
- Water for Elephants: Ditto to #8.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: I’ve just not been compelled to pick it up, but nothing against it really.
So, which ones can you join me in saying you haven’t read? What books have you not read that it feels like everyone has read??